September 30 and October 1, 2022
UCLA Law Symposium on the Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations
This event is by special invitation only.
The Symposium is the inaugural event sponsored by the new Program on Philanthropy and Nonprofits at the Lowell Milken Institute for Business Law and Policy, UCLA School of Law and the American Law Institute. The Symposium will convene various thought leaders with different perspectives–including scholars, judges, practitioners both at firms and nonprofits, and regulators—to discuss various subjects addressed in the Restatement.
- Ricardo Castro, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Atinuke Adediran, Professor of Law, Fordham University School of Law
- Jill Horwitz, David Sanders Professor of Law and Medicine and Faculty Director, Program on Philanthropy and Nonprofits, UCLA School of Law
- Garry Jenkins, Dean and Willam S. Pattee Professor of Law, University of Minnesota Law School
- Lloyd Mayer, Professor of Law Notre Dame Law School
- Nancy McLaughlin, Robert W. Swenson Professor of Law, SJ Quinney College of Law, The University of Utah
Papers prepared for this event will be available online through UCLA Law Review Discourse.
December 1 and 2, 2022
26th Annual Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations
In conjunction with Loyola Law School, the Program on Philanthropy and Nonprofits will host the 26th Annual Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations at the Omni Hotel (?). More information including registration will be available soon.